Welcome to Frederick House by Lukmore Monogram.
A luxurious four / five bedroom home, set in beautiful Goring on Thames, south Oxfordshire
In a prime location of this Thameside Village, a bespoke newly completed house built to exacting standards incorporating a highly individual and innovative design, complimented by an imaginative specification of the highest quality affording a beautiful family home of generous proportions.
Goring On Thames - A location like no other
The much prized village of Goring on Thames occupies a stunning location in the Thames Valley set between the Chiltern Hills and Berkshire Downlands each overlooking the River as it flows downstream from Oxford to Reading, in an area of scenic landscape known geographically as the ‘Goring Gap' and designated an ‘A.O.N.B.' In 2009 Goring was awarded the prestigious ‘Oxfordshire Village of the Year' and also won the coveted “Best in South of England” title.
The central part of Goring is a ‘Conservation Area' and has a wealth of interesting period properties many Listed being of significant architectural and historical interest.
This stretch of the River, the longest between locks, is regarded as one of the most beautiful and is forever associated with Kenneth Graham's immortal book “Wind in the Willows” as well as Jerome K Jerome's book “Three Men in a Boat” which actually mentions Streatley in its narrative.
In 2017/18 Crossrail services are scheduled to be commencing from Reading which together with the electrifying of the line will significantly improve travelling times to Paddington and central London destinations.
The village boasts an excellent range of shops and facilities together with Olde Worlde pubs, a highly regarded Bistro/Café, choice of restaurants, a Bank, Post Office, Boutique hotel, Doctors and Dental surgeries and importantly a mainline station offering fast services to London (Paddington).
There is also easy access for the major local towns, including Oxford, Reading and Newbury, the M4 and M40 motorways, and for Heathrow. Recognised as a thriving community there are a wide range of clubs, societies and special interest groups to suit most people.
There is a highly rated Primary school and in the local area are a first class choice of both state and private schools with
Goring and Cleeve Pre-school - 1 mile
Goring C of E Primary School - 1 mile
Streatley C of E Primary School - 1 mile
Cranford House - 3 miles
Langtree Secondary School - 4.2 miles
Whitchurch Primary School - 5.5 miles
Designed and Built with you in Mind
Frederick House stands on the site of a former large village house which was built in the 1920s for the daughter of a wealthy local resident as a wedding present, and designed by a notable architect George Frederick Turner who originally studied under E. P Warren, and whose family still live in the village.
The New House continues the heritage and has an impressive appearance showing considerable flair and featuring numerous design features, it offers accommodation of exceptional size and proportion all superbly appointed and where the meticulous attention to detail and associated high quality can easily be evidenced as can the sophistication and functionality of the kitchen and bathroom designs, and the heating system.
• Bespoke range of handmade Graphite
and Pavilion Grey painted English Oak
floor and wall units in-frame soft-close
cabinets complemented by Azul Platino
polished granite worktops
• Miele Pyrolytic S/steel Oven
• Miele Compact Micro Oven Combi
• Miele Warming Drawer
• Miele Ceramic Induction Hob
• Miele Integrated Dishwasher
• Neff Integrated Freezer
• Neff Integrated Fridge Larder
• Blanco Chimney Hood
• Caple Wine Cabinet
• Waste Disposal
• Bespoke range of handmade painted
oak floor and wall units in-frame soft
close cabinets complemented by Azul
Platino polished granite worktops
• Bosch Washing Machine
• Bosch Tumble Dryer
• Water Softener
• Aegean Limestone Open Fireplace with
Granite Hearth to Kitchen/Family Room
• Gazco balanced flue Natural Gas Log
effect fire with glass front to Drawing
Bathroom, En Suites & Cloakroom
• White Villeroy & Boch Sanitary ware
including walk in and Quadrant Showers
• Hansgröhe and Villeroy & Boch
• Complementary Vanity Units
• Chrome Towel Ladder Radiators
• Villeroy & Boch Mirrors
• Villeroy & Boch Floor and Wall Tiles
• Porcelanosa Tiling to Entrance Hall and Kitchen/Family Room
• Engineered oak plank flooring to drawing room and study
• Carpeting to Stairs, Landing and First Floor Rooms
Joinery, Windows & Doors
• White Oak bespoke Staircase and around Galleried Landing
• Almeria Oak internal doors including glazed doors to most
ground floor rooms
• Frascio Eidos chrome door furniture
• Shuco aluminium double glazed windows and bi-fold doors
• Feature Lantern window in Kitchen
• Draks Bespoke Canto fitted wardrobes
• Pressurised gas-fired Worcester Bosch A- rated boiler for central
heating and hot water
• Underfloor heating to ground floor with individual Drayton
• Acova designer radiators on first floor
• Sophisticated wiring system with RCD controls to latest specification
• Brushed steel light switches and sockets
• External security lighting in appropriate locations
The development incorporates lighting developed by
Richard Voller Design, an independent practice with twenty five years' experience in professional lighting.
Richard Voller Design offer imaginative and individual solutions with technical expertise and creativity at the forefront of the design process using architectural quality and environmental friendly products.
Market leading Orluna LED energy saving down
lighters giving 50,000 hours of operation
• Smooth plaster ceilings throughout with ORAC coving to
ground floor and landing area
• Skirting boards, door architraves and window boards in
• Walls in Egyptian cotton matt finish
• The property comes with a 10 year insurance backed
Premier Guarantee Warranty
The gardens and grounds have benefitted from sympathetic landscaping with extensive lawns and new tree planting, lime stone paved terrace, pathways and five bar iron park fencing. From the rear there are South Westerly views to the wooded hillsides above Streatley on the Berkshire side of the river. In all the plot extends to approximately 0.22 of an acre.
• Hardwired intruder alarm system
• External security lighting in appropriate locations
• Intercom System
• Rolawn Medallion turfing
• Black Kadapha limestone paving to terrace and pathways
• Electrically operated gated entrance and wide paved driveway
and forecourt area
• All main services are connected.
• Gas, central heating and hot water.
• Pressurised hot water system
Directions to your new home
Approaching Goring from Streatley, continue over the river bridge and take first right into Manor Road opposite the Miller of Mansfield. By the John Barleycorn Pub bear round to the left into Station Road where towards the top turn right into Croft Road. Frederick House will be found at the further end on the right hand side.
Goring Riverside, central shops and amenities.
Goring & Streatley Station - 0.6 miles, 9 minute walk
Reading – 10 Miles
Oxford – 18 Miles
Newbury – 13 Miles
M4 / Theale (Junction 13) – 10 Miles
Henley on Thames – 12 Miles
M40 / Lewknor (Junction 6) – 16 Miles
Based in Reading, the County Town of Berkshire, we are an established privately owned company who pride ourselves in building quality homes to the highest standards of specification and finish in prime locations within the Thames Valley.