Tilia House is a fine period house, believed to date from about 1850 and extended with great sensitivity by the current owners.
The house was formerly part of the Shirburn Castle Estate and then was used as the rectory for the Vicar of Pyrton. In 1980, when the Vicar of Watlington took over responsibility for both parishes, the Church of England sold Tilia House to the current owners, who over the years have carefully and sympathetically upgraded the house to a very high standard, with great attention to detail, such as the cornicing and deep skirting boards throughout all the main rooms, magnificent double doors and fan light in the hall, double glazed sash windows throughout the house, beautifully carved wooden mantelpieces in all the main reception rooms and a very elegant staircase, specially made for the house. Tilia House offers excellent family accommodation. On the ground floor there are four beautifully proportioned principal reception rooms with interesting architectural features such as bay windows, fireplaces with carved mantelpieces and French windows opening onto the terrace and the gardens beyond. Between the Drawing room and the dining room there is a very fine study with an open fireplace, surrounded by a well carved mantelpiece. Carved and fitted bookshelves cover 2 walls from floor to ceiling giving the study a very nice cosy feeling and a good place to watch television.
Watlington town centre 1 mile • M40 (J6) 3 miles
Oxford 17 miles • Henley-on-Thames 11 miles
(All distances are approximate)