This Grade II listed house has double bay fronted widows either side of the front portico and a gravel drive which sweeps round to the front of the house. There are a number of outhouses including a studio, inner courtyard, garaging and surrounding gardens. The property was acquired by the Diocese of Oxford in 1912 and used until recently to house successive Rectors of the Parish of Nettlebed. Inside there are two good size living rooms either side of the downstairs hall with original features including window and shutters, fireplaces and doors. These light open rooms have good views of the garden to the front and rear offering access to the rear garden and
cellar. The far side of the kitchen has a hall the depth of the house which opens to the back garden and an inner front courtyard flanked with the studio, brick barn and storage sheds with a door to the garaging and front gardens. Upstairs there is a spacious master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and five further bedrooms along with a family bathroom.
Gardens and grounds
The grounds of the house are currently divided into different areas by either wall or hedging. The house is screened from the road by a mature hedge. There are fruit trees to the rear. There is a collection of outhouses that could be renovated for a variety of different purposes.
• M40 at Junction 6, 10 miles
• Central London 47 miles
• Heathrow 27 miles
• Fast train services from Reading Station 9.5 miles
• Henley-on-Thames rail station 5 miles
• Wallingford 6 miles
• Oxford 19 miles
(All distances are approximate)